The company was founded in Porretta Terme (BO) in 1952. Located on the edge of a region (Emilia Romagna) that is famous throughout the world for its engineering companies of excellence in the automotive sector (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Ducati, etc.) the firm soon began to produce transmission components for the agricultural tractor market.
Soon, the company needed larger production facilities. Its core manufacturing plant was opened in Castel di Casio in 1965, with the installation of new machinery for the mass production of transmission shafts and gears. In 1990, the Company began to expand into new markets in Europe, Asia and - above all - North America. The level of production automation, which was always its forte, made it world famous, bringing in new customers attracted by the extreme competitiveness of its products.
In 2008, the Company was acquired by a consortium made up of Mahindra & Mahindra and by the Icici Venture Managements fund, an Indian finance company that handles over $2 billion of assets. 2Metalcastello continues to invest, buying two new electron beam welding (EBW) machines that allow it to remain state-of-the-art in terms of technology compared with its competitors. In 2014, CIE Automotive Ltd took a stake majority in Metalcastello through the alliance with Mahindra & Mahindra. This allowed Metalcastello to join a leading group in the production of automotive components and to broaden its horizons by opening the road to a global market and increasing its market opportunities.
Via Don Fornasini n. 12,
40030 Castel di Casio (Bologna)
Tel.: 0039 0534 20511
Fax: 0039 0534 30409