Dominion has collaborated in the deconstruction and reconstruction of the Battersea Power Station project in London. It’s a project of great importance since it has a huge social repercussion. The Battersea Power Station has more than 6o years of history and it´s a great example of Art Deco architecture of great importance in London´s skyline. This structure had become severely deteriorated through lack of maintenance after decommissioning and would not have remained standing without major action taken.
Dominion Industry’s expertise and experience in tall structures have been very important to take on the challenges the project supposed:
- The Chimneys tops are 107m above chimneys
- They weigh approximately 600Tons each
- They are 8.5m diameter at the bottom and 6.5m at the top
- The concrete for the chimneys was batched on site and placed using wheel barrows
- The demolished material was reused as part of the ground works for the new development
We take pride in being nominated by the ICE and afterwards receiving the Londonist People's Choice Award, given to the project that receives the most votes from the public, which want to celebrate the most innovative, creative and sustainable contributions to the physical and social environment in the Capital.